Help understanding this letter

dozy:
Thanks , with court only being 2 weeks away and tramping it’s difficult to get too see a solicitor , but think it’s something I should do , thanks again

You may be able to get the court case postponed on the grounds that your job doesn’t give you enough time to get legal advice.

I’m not sure how you would go about getting the case postponed but if there’s no phone number on the letter a solicitor or your local police should be able to tell you what you need to do.

As far as the charges are concerned, I assume you booked off on the tachograph when you took the card out so that would be why you’re charged with making a false record.

Now we know what the offence relates to I would say you should still speak to a solicitor for legal advice but I’m not sure it would be worth having legal representation in court, apart from anything else it’s not going to be easy to get a local solicitor if you’re 2oo miles away.

In your situation the first thing I would do, and I would do this as soon as possible, would be to find out how I go about getting the case postponed for a few weeks.