C1 health query

Good Evening All,

Has anyone here ever had issues obtaining a C1 licence? I’ve had my application with the DVLA for over 4 weeks now they’ve written to my gp for further information on some time

I was on the sick for stress after a bad road accident in may last year… I wasn’t driving, now they have written to the A&E I was seen by, I know I had to have a CT scan for a potential head injury which came back clear any injuries I sustained were all superficial, although painful it was mainly cuts bruises and grazes, I was home the same day… although I don’t remember the accident at all due to been concussed,… I’ve also had never suffered with stress in my life apart from that I went back to work way to soon when I shouldn’t have due to management pressuring me and i was in a uniformed job at the time I got assaulted straight after going back pretty much,

I only had a sick note for stress for around 4 weeks and my GP has made it clear she has no issues regarding my health and there has never been any issues regarding my ability to drive, I’m in my mid 20s and have perfect health apart from very mild asthma, I was also on no medication for stress only medication I take is a salbutamol inhaler when needed.

Everything else on my medical was fine no issues at all

Is this anything to be worried about? I’m getting really nervous now, has anyone ever had an application rejected?

Thanks

I wouldn’t worry too much, some gp’s take ages to reply to the dvla
i’m currently waiting for mine to come back but due to having a one off fit 17 years ago (side effect to a school jab) they’ve had to write to my gp just to confirm it all.
you should have a letter from the dvla saying that’s what they’re doing
might be worth chasing it up with your gp, although i’m not sure if they’ll give out that info

I can’t see there been an issue personally,although they have received my GPS letter and it’s on there systems, how ever my gp stated that the stress was caused through the RTA, my gps brilliant if I’m honest she has sent it straight back and gave me a photocopy to fax across,

I chased them up on the phone this week and they asked me to confirm the hospital I was treated at, They have now written to the A&E department I was treated at…I’m struggling to understand why, My gp has contacted them confirming all my history it’s just confusing

I had to wait 11 weeks last year for my provisional due to medication I was taking and my gp being slow to reply to dvla :imp:

Worst case for me was it was only short term medication and if I had waited 3 weeks to finish it it would have been quicker.

In short I am sure you will be fine but the wheels turn VERY slowly! Have you got the reference number to call and chase? Just remind them you are still alive!

Best of luck

Edit, see you have chased it. I would suggest you keep doing so

Plenty of chasing on my end I’m sure they’re sick of hearing me! Ha

Thanks for your advice it’s just so frustrating at the moment I’m having to keep pushing back my new career