Retina Detachment

I had this happen when I was taking a trailer from Avonmouth to Kingsbury. The vision in my right eye went blurred and I could just make out the difference between the ground and the sky. I drove with my eye shut and dropped the trailer and drove back to Avonmouth ignoring the digi tach telling me that i had run out of driving time. I drove straight to the eye hospital and was given a rolocking for not making an appointment and they were just closing.
I did get treatment there later but I could not understand a word the doctor said. I was led in a darkenened room and I think the eye was frozen and injected. I later had a black oil slick making various shapes in the eye and I went to Boots. They diagnosed a torn retina and sent me to the local general hospital who were waiting for me. They sat me in a chair with my head clamped in a frame and welded the tear up with a laser. I walked out straight after and seven years later the sight in that eye is now better than my left one.
I never did any lorry driving during this time and my ADR also ran out and as i was six months from retirement i gave up work. I still have a yearly eye test with an x ray and my sight is fine for driving.