Retina Detachment

merc0447:
I know you’re under your 2 years but you’re a good driver and they are hard to come by. So approach your TM and ask if you do get your LGV suspended while Swansea fanny about, ask if you can switch to the warehouse. Say you like the company and want to remain a part of it.

Maybe might need to take a hit on wages of course. If he says no to that, then ask if they can keep your job open till you recover. In the mean time get a job on forks/backdoor somewhere near your home…where you can walk to and save yourself some transport costs.

One of our guys had heart bother and dvla is still [zb] him about, but trouble was he ripped the arse out of sick leave then it ran out. Comes back asks gaffer to work in warehouse (which has happened before to drivers) gaffer says no. A lot of people think it was because he ripped the sick pay till it ran out. If he’d been back a week later keen as a whistle he’d have a safe job in the warehouse till his licence got sorted.

Feel for you mate, no long had a baby too. Don’t worry too much just gotta ride the wave and see what happens.

Thanks merc.
Only been here 8 months but I really do enjoy it. It proved to me that there are places out there that pay decent wages without running you ragged or expecting max hours from you. Hopefully they can offer me something else till I get my license back.
Like I say, not the operation I’m worried about, it’s the fannys at Swansea playing roulette with my livelihood.
Got insurance that will cover the mortgage while I’m off sick but Mrs only works part time cos I make decent money. Need to send her out full time lol.
I’ll let you know how I get on. Thats if I can see my phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk