Middle-East Run Trucks Cemetery

sinbin31:
Yes I remember this I was at the Syrian port and watch this ship sail away ,the port was over flowing with Trucks after the Turkish military take over the country several of us waiting at the Syrian border to enter Turkey in the morning were told it was impossible to enter so we all headed for the boat lucky for us it was full :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: and we got the next one at that time we had no idea what had happened,im still not sure wether it sunk from syria or from volos

Roger

When Rita wrote this nearly five years ago I thought to myself at the time, I am sure that the military take over was later in the year but I put it down to just having one of my senior moments. I don’t know why I didn’t do a Google search back then but for a while the coup certainly improved things at Kapikule. The armed military policemen with their white helmets seemed to be everywhere not only at the border but at most of the road junctions. For a while it didn’t take as long to clear customs and some customs men stopped taking baksheesh but when the military went back to their barracks the old ways soon returned. :frowning:
I never realised until just now that America may of had something to do with it. :unamused:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1980_Turk … '%C3%A9tat

Regards Steve.