One for all you retired drivers

5thwheel:
If I could stay here in Portugal and drive for a week,and only a week,I would give it a go,the absence of any traffic here is so obvious,I drove to Lisbon the other week,started off on the newish A13,didn’t see another vehicle for 10 minutes,and that was on the opposite carriageway going north!

It reminds me of UK driving in the 60’s,a pleasure to do so then.

DAVID

I was very friendly with a chap called Horatio Nelson.( True.He got stopped one night on is way to a football match in Glasgow in a car and the copper asked him his name.Well !!!)
He married Marjorie Stevenson who was the first conductor on the company but Raich Or Crash ( don’t know why) was very well known and he came to work for us delivering vehicles all over the country and always got back on plates or knowing drivers ( particulaly from the brewerys) what time they were on there way back to Burton.When he retired of course many driver’s particulaly worked unsocial hours so being Crash he enjoyed his job and hadn’t a hobby AND he didn’t have a Sat Nav.
Before you chaps mention bad things about Stevo’s Rockets the motors were kept in very road worthy condition and nothing stopped the from running even snow.

Tony