Forth road bridge closed - merged

Everybody is coming on here saying what a ■■■■ this driver was, and tbf yeh he is.
I’m trying to work out his mindset here, my theory is he has probably done this numerous times before, and been lucky, a bit of a chancer, and as said being stupid enough to react to pressure from the office,.
Maybe this time he had a little less weight on than last time, made a judgement call, only this day was payback for all the other times…not justifying anything here, just looking for reasons why however misguided he was.

A bit of a ‘‘Let he who without sin cast the.’’…etc etc here.
A few have come on saying ‘‘I would never do this’’ and ‘‘I have never done that’’

Right here goes, being that I have been known to criticise others on here, it’s only fair by the same token, to put myself up for criticism, and admit stuff that that I have done that some others would not do, but hey, crack on call me wtf you like, I’m a big lad, I can take it, so I aint fussed here.

When I read about this, strong winds, prohibitive signs, bridges it made me think of me about 8 yrs ago, rushing to catch the Teesport boat (yeh, I know no excuse so far) I approached that viaduct bridge on the A19 s/bound, I had just loaded about 27 tonne of steel from Gateshead.
The diversion route was under the bridge, I looked down at the roundabout, and from there to the road out was abso chokker.

So…I made a judgement call, 27 tonne wt on one hand/flimsy Euroliner on other.

Ship out Teesport in an hour (or less, that is how tight it was)/or a further 350+ mile to Ramsgate or Dover.with the weekend coming.

I made that judgement call, reckoned up the odds, went for it, and got across. Ok the Euroliner was bending like a banana (as they do) but the steel on the bottom was enough ballast, and I got across…no harm done.

I aint trying to be clever here, I know it was a bit stupid, I know it could have went the other way (although I admit faced with it again back in time I would go for it again) I know I’m gonna get stick, but hey.
My point hete is that driver also made a judgement call,

Trucking decisions to many on here stops at ‘‘Shall I go in 10 mins late to Tesco or 5 mins early’’ ‘‘Shall I do a manual entry or be a devil and not bother’’ or ‘‘Shall I take a sleepin bag with me today or not’’ :unamused: There is a lot more to it in other guy’s jobs. :bulb:

Admittedlly a wrong decision was made here… and a bloody stupid one, evidently his weight was not enough to hold him down, maybe he was even empty :unamused: who knows.

So am I the only one on here that has took a chance on things in this job, went for it rather than err on the side of caution, made a decision, not maybe even concerning high bridges, but something equally with dire potential, which would not necesssarilly be the actions of the majority, …if so I bow to you all for your integrity and professionalism.
That’s all I’m saying, …so let’s hear it.