Another newbie class 1

Evil8Beezle:

UselessForce:
Beezle mate that plans ****ed been a bit of a turn of events at work and not being put on artic for ages yet by the look of things! So I weighed up my options and have arranged to see a large family owned firm local to me about going on to the bulkers tramping all week. They offered me a job just after I passed after a chap I know put in a glowing word so just hoping they still have said job to go to. Deffo take your advice about hopping in and out of the cab if unsure, and the general public never rushed me when I was learning the ropes on class 2 so they certainly won’t now bud! Thanks for the top advice :smiley: :

Bugger, but best of luck on the possibility of a new gig. Just remember that now is the slack period of the year, so don’t burn any bridges or risk a regular income on a promise that may not materialise. You wouldn’t be the first to jack in a job on a promise to find out that all of a sudden they don’t need you. It’s a cut throat world out there, especially in this game… :cry:
Saying that I’ve just handed in my notice, but I REALLY need a holiday, or rather a bit of time off to actually spend some of what I’ve earnt! :smiley:

All Newbies should remember that complacency and assumption is the mother of all F up’s. I know! :laughing:
So check, check again, and if unsure check yet again. You can bet the second you take your eye off the ball when you’re new, it will bite you…

Best of luck mate! :smiley:

Cheers Beezle mate very wise words and most certainly all taken on. The new firm have been in touch and want me to go in for a day towards end of jan for induction, training on bulker trailers etc and to select a unit ready to start beginning of Feb. I’ve heard very good things from several people about them and it helps I’ve got an uncle currently tramping with the same firm who’s happy with them so if all checks out and goes well on the training day then I shall make the move but will leave my current firm in good standing as they have been very good to me and it is a good place to work. Get spending fella and enjoy that time off! Sounds like it’s well deserved mate :smiley:

Exactly mate I’ve had a couple close calls on class 2 before but luckily not actually had any incidents but it taught me a couple things so touchwood I carry that over to class 1 with me. Just hoping I don’t take a life time to master that dark art of reversing :laughing: but then it takes as long as it takes and I/it won’t be rushed.

Cheers fella.