Birmingham and black country firms

Flintstone19:

pete smith:

oiltreader:
J.Field & Co.
Oily

Hi Oily,
I think the sons run it now but back in the 1980’s Stan Field was the gaffer and he had a Bedford OB coach fitted with a Perkins P6 and one Sunday morning 20+ of us went to the Leyland Museum in it with John Randles,manager of Featherstone test centre,driving it he showed it no mercy but it performed well and I can remember stopping at the old Poplar cafe at Lymm on way back and taking loads of photographs,boots lost the film! Thanks for the photo, Pete

Hi Pete,
You have a good memory, the coach was a Leyland Cub which we still have, I didnt go that day but can remember my dad going on his adventures! I havnt heard anything of John Randle for a long time, so not sure if he is still around?

Afternoon,
I think John has passed away, I went with Jack Spittle who may have made a model for your Dad? the boot of the coach was full of cans of booze and we had a good day out, Len Crane may have been on the trip also? I reckon it would have been September 1986! Is your yard still up by where Goodyears remould plant was? Thanks for the reply and putting me right on the motor, nice to see you still have it, Cheer’s Pete, PS. What was the little dropside motor Stan had a Dodge?