Another newbie class 1

So after slogging it out on class 2 pallet network for 10 months I decided I was going to kick myself up the back side and get that class 1 category asap and move up the chain at my place… well I’m happy to say I had my class 1 test at 08.45am this morning (was supposed to be 10.30) and passed with 3 minors so to say well chuffed at the moment is a massive understatement. already been on to the boss about getting a unit :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: happy trucking guys!!

Thanks very much rog been waiting for that one for a while now! :smiley:

Well done !all the best

Thanks very much cov.

Congratulations! Well done

Change your user ID at once.

Jedi class 1 masters cannot be associated with being useless, however bone idle is acceptable. Well done. Now you can ridicule class 2 drivers (aka van drivers) and throw apple cores at them whilst they are handballing. :wink:

Thanks guys :slight_smile: beaver I might just have to change it :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve already been told I’m now welcome in the “class 1 crew” at work haha and this is a very good idea that I could suggest!! :smiley:

Congrats mate! :smiley:

While you might have been ‘slogging’ it out on the pallets, I suspect you have an easy upgrade path into some class 1 experience.
Hence why I think pallets is a good start for Newbies, it didn’t do me MUCH harm… :laughing:

And yes, ridiculing, or rather motivating the VAN drivers is now your duty! :grimacing:

Thanks Beezle, :smiley:

Yes mate been a very good start, great firm and are making it easy to swap over to class 1 got a little variety as well I can either do day multi drop or nights trunking on the double deckers haven’t quite decided yet. I have also been offered a job by my uncles firm as well on the bulkers which may be worth a look in to. Ok thanks I’ll make sure I carry my duty out to the best of my ability :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Congrats on the pass (dont fancy taking my test next week do you :slight_smile: ).

As for the choice - you done multidrop now, so trunking is obvious choice as it gains the lazy category to your licence, as advised by the beaver. I not planning on doing any multidrop if I pass class 1, would be nuts.

Any tanker jobs around as they sound easy and guaranteed no handballing?

Thanks Trev, it’s not that bad mate I found the road drive good and fun cause I felt I nailed the reverse and couple/uncouple which I guess gave me the confidence boost to show him what I could really do :smiley:

Nah been thinking trunking is the way to go as you say not fancying the sound of multi drop in the artic, but also got the tramping work on bulkers to consider :slight_smile:

Haven’t seen any but that could be a good way to go :slight_smile:

Good luck with your up coming training and test sure you’ll do fine! :smiley:

trevHCS:
I not planning on doing any multidrop if I pass class 1, would be nuts.

Where’s your sense of adventure? :stuck_out_tongue:
I can see that it wouldn’t be for everyone, but it’s what i did, and I can tell you that your reversing improves rather quickly…
It has to! :laughing:

Evil8Beezle:

trevHCS:

I can see that it wouldn’t be for everyone, but it’s what i did, and I can tell you that your reversing improves rather quickly…

I’m giving it a shot end part of this week, see how those couple days go and I may change my mind Beezle! :stuck_out_tongue:

UselessForce:

Evil8Beezle:

trevHCS:

I’m giving it a shot end part of this week, see how those couple days go and I may change my mind Beezle! :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s the spirit! :smiley:

Just make sure you’re like a jack in the box hoping out the cab checking all the time mate…
And don’t let the general public panic you, stuff em! :laughing:

Get yourself on ferry trailers! Its a massive daily game of potluck to see if the trailer you’ll get is zb’ed or not! :laughing:

Beezle mate that plans ****ed been a bit of a turn of events at work and not being put on artic for ages yet by the look of things! So I weighed up my options and have arranged to see a large family owned firm local to me about going on to the bulkers tramping all week. They offered me a job just after I passed after a chap I know put in a glowing word so just hoping they still have said job to go to. Deffo take your advice about hopping in and out of the cab if unsure, and the general public never rushed me when I was learning the ropes on class 2 so they certainly won’t now bud! Thanks for the top advice :smiley:

Radar thanks for that mate but think I’ll pass for now! Does sound fun though lol :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

UselessForce:
Beezle mate that plans ****ed been a bit of a turn of events at work and not being put on artic for ages yet by the look of things! So I weighed up my options and have arranged to see a large family owned firm local to me about going on to the bulkers tramping all week. They offered me a job just after I passed after a chap I know put in a glowing word so just hoping they still have said job to go to. Deffo take your advice about hopping in and out of the cab if unsure, and the general public never rushed me when I was learning the ropes on class 2 so they certainly won’t now bud! Thanks for the top advice :smiley: :

Bugger, but best of luck on the possibility of a new gig. Just remember that now is the slack period of the year, so don’t burn any bridges or risk a regular income on a promise that may not materialise. You wouldn’t be the first to jack in a job on a promise to find out that all of a sudden they don’t need you. It’s a cut throat world out there, especially in this game… :cry:
Saying that I’ve just handed in my notice, but I REALLY need a holiday, or rather a bit of time off to actually spend some of what I’ve earnt! :smiley:

All Newbies should remember that complacency and assumption is the mother of all F up’s. I know! :laughing:
So check, check again, and if unsure check yet again. You can bet the second you take your eye off the ball when you’re new, it will bite you…

Best of luck mate! :smiley:

Evil8Beezle:

UselessForce:
Beezle mate that plans ****ed been a bit of a turn of events at work and not being put on artic for ages yet by the look of things! So I weighed up my options and have arranged to see a large family owned firm local to me about going on to the bulkers tramping all week. They offered me a job just after I passed after a chap I know put in a glowing word so just hoping they still have said job to go to. Deffo take your advice about hopping in and out of the cab if unsure, and the general public never rushed me when I was learning the ropes on class 2 so they certainly won’t now bud! Thanks for the top advice :smiley: :

Bugger, but best of luck on the possibility of a new gig. Just remember that now is the slack period of the year, so don’t burn any bridges or risk a regular income on a promise that may not materialise. You wouldn’t be the first to jack in a job on a promise to find out that all of a sudden they don’t need you. It’s a cut throat world out there, especially in this game… :cry:
Saying that I’ve just handed in my notice, but I REALLY need a holiday, or rather a bit of time off to actually spend some of what I’ve earnt! :smiley:

All Newbies should remember that complacency and assumption is the mother of all F up’s. I know! :laughing:
So check, check again, and if unsure check yet again. You can bet the second you take your eye off the ball when you’re new, it will bite you…

Best of luck mate! :smiley:

Cheers Beezle mate very wise words and most certainly all taken on. The new firm have been in touch and want me to go in for a day towards end of jan for induction, training on bulker trailers etc and to select a unit ready to start beginning of Feb. I’ve heard very good things from several people about them and it helps I’ve got an uncle currently tramping with the same firm who’s happy with them so if all checks out and goes well on the training day then I shall make the move but will leave my current firm in good standing as they have been very good to me and it is a good place to work. Get spending fella and enjoy that time off! Sounds like it’s well deserved mate :smiley:

Exactly mate I’ve had a couple close calls on class 2 before but luckily not actually had any incidents but it taught me a couple things so touchwood I carry that over to class 1 with me. Just hoping I don’t take a life time to master that dark art of reversing :laughing: but then it takes as long as it takes and I/it won’t be rushed.

Cheers fella.