Driven to Despair - Report on DVLA medical section

I can confirm that the information we have received is with the relevant team waiting to be reviewed. I appreciate you have already been waiting some time and assure you that we will complete our enquiries as soon as we can.

I understand that any delay in making a recommendation on your fitness to drive may cause you concern and we will write to you once your medical information has been considered.

There is no need to contact us unless you have new information for us to consider.

Sounds like the ususal Blah Blah Blah Spook.
If I could translate that for you:
“Please leave us alone you irritating pleb. There is some work that needs doing but someone has just brought in a fresh case of Hob-Nobs so nothing is going to change until they are history. We sympathise, honest, but its not as if driving is a proper job so we don’t see the need to hurry. If you have some new information for us to consider that will mean you go to the back of the queue.
You could complain but you would have to complain to us first and that would only make the situaton worse, wouldn’t it sonny.”

I don’t think Cicero gets quoted often on this Forum but here goes:

" A bureaucrat is the most despicable of men, though he is needed as vultures are needed, but we hardly admire vultures who bureaucrats strangely resemble. I have yet to meet a bureaucrat who was not petty, dull, almost witless, crafty or stupid, an oppressor or a thief, a holder of little authority in which he delights, as a boy delights in possessing a vicious dog. Who can trust such creatures?"

Obv in ancient Greece all bureaucrats were men and we now have women who appear to be just as capable of sinking to these depths, thats progress that is.