Driven to Despair - Report on DVLA medical section

chilistrucker:

Spooky558:
I’ve reapplied for my licence that I surrendered for medical reasons in 2006. I reapplied for it on the 21st of May this year. It’s now over 5 months and all they will tell me is that it’s in a queue and that if I feel fit and my GP agrees, then I can drive under section 88 of the RTA 1988. But who is going to employ me without a licence, and what about my DCPC?

They’re a major pain in the backside. They need to realise that they are having adverse affects on people, they are stopping us working.

You are right, they do need to realize the pain and suffering they have caused, not just to lorry drivers, (or ex) like ourselves, but this could have affected a much wider scope of people as well. Keep watching this thread, plans are being made :wink:

I contacted them again by their email form. It’s now over 7 months since since I reapplied. Here is the reply I got from them…

I can confirm that the information we have received is with the relevant team waiting to be reviewed. I appreciate you have already been waiting some time and assure you that we will complete our enquiries as soon as we can.

I understand that any delay in making a recommendation on your fitness to drive may cause you concern and we will write to you once your medical information has been considered.

There is no need to contact us unless you have new information for us to consider.

How long does it take? I can’t find anywhere where they tell you how long it will take to carry out this procedure. I’ve read in your old thread in here (2014) that it can take 12 weeks. They expect me to just wait on their say so. :frowning: