Birmingham and black country firms

pete smith:

coomsey:
Hi Pete this pic of yours sister of one I used to run into Hudsons with. She was 1 of 4 L reg ERFs Emmo,s had 76/78 ish. All 180/DB 6 red,white n green same as my 1st one GNR 497 L, 2nd resprayed same red as they use now GAY 823 L, my god I had some stick with that reg

Hi Coomsey,
A rarety to see an old company still trading now! Tango Boy, a member on here, works for them, I can only remember as far back to the days when they started having the Volvo F10’s, Cheer’s Pete

Yes like everywhere now Pete loads of companies gone . They started with mostly Leylands then onto Fodens n soon anything with Gardner in, always new. Their first foreigner were a day cab 88 about 77 ish. they had about 12 motors then most parked in what would have been 3 gardens in terraced row in Belton.You had to back into yard where one of the houses had been knocked down, 6" either side off a narrow road it were a buga, the new ( and a few of the older ones) artic drivers used to be sweating cobs by the time they,d got em in. Yards on old South pit yard now.
Yes Tango boy lives in next village to me but I don,t think I know him unless he uses Black Hoss Whitwick. cheers paul