Compare the UK trucking to Canadian

Scraggy88:
I moved to Canada in September 2016, did my class 1 in December after I settled in with my friends and tried to get in with bison in Calgary. Long story short, they will not touch me until I have held a Canadian licence for 12 months. Don’t know if they changed the way they work because the people I am living with have a friend who came over from the uk and went straight in with bison. As for making the move to Canada, I am only 28 so I went through the IEC program, if you are under 30 and not married or have no kids then you can apply through international experience Canada. I had to retake my class 1 though when I arrived in Canada. Swapped my britsish class 1 for a Canadian class 5 (car) so got a bum deal. Got it all done now so I am applying to companies around the area but yeah, bison told me I need a Canadian licence for 12 months before they would even look at me and I went to the terminal in Calgary to see them to basically be told to ■■■■ off.

Don’t understand why Bison turned you down, a few years ago they were employing anyone that could manage to get a truck into gear.
If you’re in Calgary, just go round with your CV banging on doors, dozen’s of transport companies in Foothills Ind Est SE.