tanker companies

Eyup,Wirralpete.Yes I remember all those firms you mentioned but no pics sorry.AS Jones were in Bromboro’ and taken over by P & O.THomas Allen HQ was at Stanford-le-Hope in Essex but not sure what happened to them.RTS,Runcorn Transport Services carried mostly acids if I remember right and were always flying about.Catchpole were from E.Port I think,same as OB transport and were working out of Shell Chemicals Stanlow when I was on tanker work in 70’s-which reminds me of a scrawl somebody wrote in the muck on the back of my tank. “Mummy,Mummy is daddy dead? No darling he’s waiting to load at Stanlow”. Anyroad Smith & Robinson HQ was Rothwell ,Leeds but they had a depot in T.Park as I used to clean out there.Don’t know much about rest but Castrol had a depot in Hyde and used to pick their drivers up regular and drop 'em at the Dog & Partridge on Sheffield side of Woodhead to pick their wagons up after a dodgy night out.I was on nights then running back to Maltby ,Rotherham ex L’pool or E.Port.
Was that cafe on the A57 on the left after leaving Cadishead going towards Warrington? If so it were t’best fried spam sandwich in all Lancs.We used to call it T’wooden hut and it was always spotless and ■■■■ and the women who worked there spot on.
Don’t forget , it’s a wise sardine that knows it’s own tin.