TRUCK- Long Distance Diaries VOL 2

Rikki-UK:
I know or am in contact with a lot of lads who did the stuff legends are made of, not one has ever mentioned they know any one who has crossed the border - bear in mind that those running ultra long distance were /are a small crowd and your name gets known quite quick, for someone to have got much further than Almaty I think the boys would have known. Once you get past Almaty it is a militarised zone and the locals aren’t welcome so what do you think the chances of a westerner getting a pass?

However it is known that trailers did go, UK drivers dropping them in Almaty for local hauliers to take to the border and then another swap to a Chinese haulier, but a driver from UK running into China? via Russia… not likely

In 93 i went a considerable distance past Al-maty towards the Chinese border. With exhebition goods for China.
It was not then a military road only. The pre border checks only allowed me to get within 30km where i was turned around and sent back to Al-maty. British Gas has big office and Khazak staff but with no Chinese driving lisence it was just not possible to do. Not for me to do anyway.