Danish bacon transport pictures etc

Hi there. This is my first post since joining yesterday so please forgive me if I make any mistakes. I am interested in anything to do with Anglo Danish food transport. My late dad spent seventeen happy years with them at their East gates Colchester depot. He always maintained that it was the best job he ever had. I am very interested in seeing any old photos or stories about them.I have a few also that I will attempt to put up here at some point(when I’ve worked out how to do it). I have seen some pictures of them on here from some time ago and would like to see more if possible.I too was destined to go and work for them had they not have finished when they did. Many of my happiest memories are being in the cab of my dad’s Seddon Atkinson as a school lad.Many thanks in advance.

Operator: Danish Bacon Company (DBC) transportphotos.com/road/photos
Ident: UWT 979N
Subject: Leyland Bison (Ergo) [3] reefer

VS02031.jpg

Thank you very much indeed. Keep em coming. Much appreciated

Atadman:
Hi there. This is my first post since joining yesterday so please forgive me if I make any mistakes. I am interested in anything to do with Anglo Danish food transport. My late dad spent seventeen happy years with them at their East gates Colchester depot. He always maintained that it was the best job he ever had. I am very interested in seeing any old photos or stories about them.I have a few also that I will attempt to put up here at some point(when I’ve worked out how to do it). I have seen some pictures of them on here from some time ago and would like to see more if possible.I too was destined to go and work for them had they not have finished when they did. Many of my happiest memories are being in the cab of my dad’s Seddon Atkinson as a school lad.Many thanks in advance.

Think there’s a thread on here somewhere several photos of Danish bacon trailers… might be called ess foods ?

Little short trailers with fold up legs

They’re the ones.18foot trailers they were notoriously awkward to reverse.I have seen some previous pics on here some time ago.I just wondered if there are any more about as I want to go a bit deeper into their history.

Hello,

I worked for Anglo Danish but out of the Grimsby Lincolnshire depot along with my dad back in the early 70’s.
We ran the night shift from GY to the midlands, Stoke on Trent/Birmingham, some Liverpool and Preston but most of the time it would be the Greater Manchester area.
It was a neat job for sure and no pressure, start time was 5pm getting back and finishing around midnight or a little later depending on the particular run that night. We use to start Sunday to Thursday, Friday was overtime if there was any available and only if you wanted it.
I remember running down to Colchester but this was only when the Danes went on strike or there was a problem with the ship that usually came directly into Grimsby. This pic is of my dad at the Grimsby depot.
Cheers :smiley:

A bit of background info and a photo here:

flickr.com/photos/semmytrai … UaU-4mz6Wb

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=38561&start=60&hilit=ess+foods

There was a thread started a while back try the link

Thank you to all that replied to my first posting,it is much appreciated. Sorry for late reply but been busy of late. I will also try to post a couple of pictures of my own if i’m allowed to.

[attachment=0]img077.