Strewth, I have had a hard week

Well stuff a stoat, they have worked me to the bone this week.
Monday morning 01.00 to Ben & Jerry’s, down to NYC and sleep, back to Ben & Jerry’s, then home for 18 hours. Drop and hook in NYC again and down to Winchester VA, unload and spend the night at that Flying J up the road. I had to pay the $15.00 reserve parking fee to stay safe among the idiots driving around trying to find spots. Thursday back up to NYC, drop and hook and back to Winchester VA and yet again paid a reserved ■■■■■■■■■■■■ to stop the worry. Friday back up to NYC, drop and hook and bring Monday’s Ben & Jerry’s load home.

You deserve a medal for not only enduring that horrendous Flying J in Winchester once, but twice! What a God awful hole that place is with completely and utterly impossible parking for 53’ trailers with tractor units given the space to pull forward towards the row opposite. I don’t think I’ve yet come across a place thats worse over all for parking than Winchester. Its bed enough if you just want fuel there half the time, with the queue out the gate and on to the over pass on I81. Hideous place.

robinhood_1984:
You deserve a medal for not only enduring that horrendous Flying J in Winchester once, but twice! What a God awful hole that place is with completely and utterly impossible parking for 53’ trailers with tractor units given the space to pull forward towards the row opposite. I don’t think I’ve yet come across a place thats worse over all for parking than Winchester. Its bed enough if you just want fuel there half the time, with the queue out the gate and on to the over pass on I81. Hideous place.

Thanks Robin, just when i was thinking how nice it would be to do OTR work again i read your post and now my little trolley job looks good again :slight_smile: :wink: :wink:

That sounds like a lot of work Pat, i’m glad i gave it up :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Most Flying J’s have fairly good parking, I actually think the Pilot in Newburgh NY has more room than Winchester :laughing:

Pat Hasler:
Most Flying J’s have fairly good parking, I actually think the Pilot in Newburgh NY has more room than Winchester :laughing:

Newburgh can be a bugger in some parts, its just a typical east coast ■■■ hole pilot. Winchester takes some beating though, there are quite a lot of parking bays but the distance between opposing lines of bays is so ludicrously small that if you have a truck either side of you and ones opposite, its absolutely impossible to get out in the morning, unless you drive a little tanker with a baby Cascadia that is, lol.