Compare the UK trucking to Canadian

neilg14:
Hey, if this is the only choice you have, then I would go with Bison, I don’t know much about the companies over East, only what I read and that it was bad for the majority of drivers.
Scroll up again to Robinhoods posts above, re-read them and digest it.
Again, no experience with them but Bison, if they can keep you running, would probably be your best bet.
This 13 weeks training, what does it entail, did they tell you ?
What are they paying you for this ?
IMO, personally speaking and knowing what I do now, I would give all of these a wide berth and see what happens in the next 12mths or so with LMIA’s.
One rash/wrong decision now because you feel you need to be out like yesterday, could possibly ruin your life forever, whereas waiting a while and making the right decision could make your life unbelievably great.

Bison seems to me as a serious company, also, on the Facebook a British guy, who works for them said, “great company to work for”.
I was supposed to skype a guy, who works for them for years yesterday, but I was broken down all day long in ■■■■■■’ Lancashire, so had to postpone it. Deffo will call the HR guy too, who sent me the paperwork. Dunno exactly, what the 13 weeks training covers exactly, what the Hungarian bloke wrote to me is: Need to pass a test, to gain the Canadian licence, then 13 weeks training on minimum wage. (think, it’s $11 in Manitoba, not sure. On their page I’ve seen even a driver simulator, so probably a particular training, incl. paperworks, US cutom procedures, logbook, etc.After the training the starting salary is 41Cents/Mile and continusly rising up to 52 Cents. Guaranteed 12000 miles/24 days. Minimum 5-7 day trips with two days rest. Employer supported health care.
Actually, I’m told by the Canadian recruiters, it worth to find a company who offers this health care benefit, otherwise a perscription for medicals can cost $ 100.
But choosing the place also important, as I’ d like to bring wife and the kid later (12 years old), so the paramount is, what would be better for a kid later…