Driven to Despair - Report on DVLA medical section

I too have been fighting DVLA over the years, but not for the reasons stated…but over the time it takes to complete the annual forms ( one is in progress right now ) I had a heart attack in 2002, no operations were needed, and i am controlled by medicines…my eye tests come back normal, and i have to have a treadmill test every 2 years ( one is due this year ) At one point it took them 6 months, then dated my application when the licence expired, meaning i lost a lot of driving time…i involved my MP in the end, who got my licence dated to when it should have been. All their post is second class, and many delays occur in writing to my doctor, or arranging a treadmill test appointment, the licence is dated to where it should be, but takes around 3 months now. My biggest problem i i cannot go abroad as they dont recognise or have means to check my validity to drive, whereas it is ok in the uk.

Another issue is the cost of a so called medical, which is just form filling…My doctors surgery have introduced a system where i see the nurse first, then the forms are passed to a doctor to complete, this year it took 3 weeks to see the nurse, then another week for the doctor to fill his/her part…i then sent the forms off to DVLA, had to buy a seperate envelope, as DVLA now include another lot of paperwork, which doesnt fit in the envelope they provide…after another week, the forms were returned as the doctor did not stamp or date certain parts of the forms even though she did date and stamp other parts, so i put the forms back to reception for correction last monday…to date 23/10/2016 they still havnt phoned me to say theyre ready for collection, maybe it is being delayed as i sent in a letter of complaint about other matters, and to note the doctor is not capable of form filling, or is not in touch with hgv medicals, and to think i paid £105 for the privelage…another disgrace…and in the mean time i am at their mercy. It does make me angry doing this every year, i am fit, and able to work, and want to work ( albeit part time )…and its not over yet.