Driven to Despair - Report on DVLA medical section

astrocan:
Has anyone else seen this report?
Turns out Drivers Medical Group at DVLA has nothing to recommend it. Poor communication, unexplained, unacceptable delays, not listening to outside expertise, not caring about genuine risk or impact on driver, we’ve heard it all before.
Some stout souls took their issues to the Parliamentary Ombudsman and this report ‘Driven to Despair’ is the result.
If you have issues with DVLA about ther medical decision making, this is essential reading.
Google it, it came up second in my search, under the heading Publications GOV.UK.

I am researching the possibility of using this report to get my own case re-opened and then I am going to go for compensation.
If anyone else is interested in banding together over this I would be interested to hear from you.

Thanks for the heads up on the report. Just read it all, it is very, very interesting and shows the huge failings of the DMG and the DVLA.
I enjoyed reading the whole report, as I’ve fought these ■■■■■■■ idiots for 2 years and got no where. I thought it was just me that had been treated so unfairly, but reading this report makes you realize just how widespread this really is. I love the way the ombudsman goes into such great detail to show all of the failings, (and there are lots of them) of the DMG/DVLA and yet the DMG/DVLA continue to deny and try to deflect many of its failings. It makes a pleasant change to see these useless half arsed bunch of useless ■■■■■■■■ that the DMG/DVLA have been, now squirming to try and back pedal their way out of things. I’d imagine there is some serious passing of the buck going on right now down there. I hope several ■■■■■■■ heads roll for this, for the pain and suffering both mentally and financially they have caused to so many individuals and their families. I hope Oliver Morley is at the top of the list to get the boot. I read the scumbags quote the other day, and he is cringe worthy at its highest level.

I will certainly be contacting the ombudsman on Monday as well as my MP, and the Minister of Transport. About time justice was done.