Driven to Despair - Report on DVLA medical section

Thanks for your contribution BigBen and I have had some of the same experience.
Anyone corrct me if I am wrong but ICA are one of the Independent Ajudicators you can go to after you have exhausted the DVLA complaints procedure.
If your case doesn’t meet the independent ajudicator criteria, or if you are still unhappy with the outcome you can go to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman, always assuming you have the fight left in you to do so.
The Parliamentary Ombudsman has recieved enough complaints about DMG to investigate further and the report from that investigation is ‘Driven to Despair’ (D2D).
Off the top of my head I can’t recall any case studies included in D2D that cover DVLA being obstructive about independent ajudicator decisions, but it does fit a widely observed pattern of awkward, unhelpful and downright aggressive behaviour toward the people they should be serving.
You might want to take a look at D2D with a view to taking your case to the Ombudsman.

If anyone else has given up on the unequal fight with the Drivers Medical Group at any stage and recognises any of the behaviour, practices or outcomes included in D2D then I would like to hear from you. If we get together and concentrate our resources, focus our argument, and jointly fund quality representation we can get some proper redress. Don’t hold back if funding is an issue, I can’t make any promises but an answer might be found and the more cases we have, the better.

The option is to sit back and let the tossers walk all over you.