Driven to Despair - Report on DVLA medical section

astrocan:
Has anyone else seen this report?
Turns out Drivers Medical Group at DVLA has nothing to recommend it. Poor communication, unexplained, unacceptable delays, not listening to outside expertise, not caring about genuine risk or impact on driver, we’ve heard it all before.
Some stout souls took their issues to the Parliamentary Ombudsman and this report ‘Driven to Despair’ is the result.
If you have issues with DVLA about ther medical decision making, this is essential reading.
Google it, it came up second in my search, under the heading Publications GOV.UK.

I am researching the possibility of using this report to get my own case re-opened and then I am going to go for compensation.
If anyone else is interested in banding together over this I would be interested to hear from you.

Hi. I have great experience in this field. 5 years ago I had the same problem. They gave me a section 88 letter which is OK in the UK, but I worked for a German Company doing Heavy Haulage and this letter is not acceptable in Europe. Anyway I had to give my job up as I spent 2 years doing various medical test in different hospitals, in the end there was nothing wrong with me but the DVLA still insisted that they wanted to send me for more test and still I passed all of them. I claimed for £13,000 loss of earnings.

You must keep all copies of letters written to them and keep a note of time and date of calls made to them. Then write to:- Independent Complaints Assessor
c/o ICA Administration
Agency Sponsorship Team
Department of Transport
Zone 4/33 Great Minster House
33 Horseferry Road
London SW1P 4DR

The chap who deals with these complaints email is :- ica.ian-bynoe@dft.gsi.gov.uk
He dealt with my case found the DVLA to be negligent an awarded me my case against them.

But to this day I haven’t received a penny because they wanted all wage slips and other documentation to which I could not supply so I signed on the dole then took retirement 7 months later aged 66.

There is a woman in charge of the HGV licences down at DVLA she is HITLER Her name is Mrs Smith, there is also a Mrs Lillian Carrol

If you need any more help PM me.

Regards and Good Luck

Ben