Favorite Routiers and other European Truckstops

GS OVERLAND:

Tubbysboy:

GS OVERLAND:

Peter 1961:
Forgive me if someone has already mentioned it but the Restaurant in the TIR park Zona Franca was very good as well…

Yes it was. I enjoyed many a Bocadillo and Coka Cola… :wink:

But which one ? The early open one or the late one up the other end ?
I can remember going there as a 16 year old with one of dad’s drivers and couldn’t believe the state of the floors… ■■■ buts, sugar envelopes and various other [zb] thrown on the sawdusty floor…I also remember one of my very first hangovers from hell inspired by the bar…

I swore I’d never drink again… hahahahaha

And they did a very nice knuckle of lamb if I recall correctly…

All gone now unfortunately…just container parking.

Ahh, Faded memories, I’m talking 1986-7ish, The one by the gate, open early.
I remember being there when Barcelona was awarded the Olympics, not been back since !!
Weekended, pull the pin and head up to Calella, park the unit up a small side road opposite the beach and enjoy…atleast until October when the coaches stopped coming, then weekends got boring.
Dangerous Gypsies with knives !! I remember when the German driver got stabbed and killed in the shower inside Alverca, got his wallet stolen.
GS

GS, was it Alverca as I seem to remember a German guy was stabbed in the showers in the Zona Franca TIR park one weekend. Also a Frampton driver when leaving the compound, the Gypsy kids that used to live round the perimeter threw a fire extinguisher on the road which he ran over and it exploded, when he got out to investigate he got Stanley knifed and robbed. All this is of course in the far distance past so I might have dreamt it all. :unamused: Always something interesting going on and as many people say, mostly great times!! When I come back in the afterlife I want to do it all again but remember to take more pictures!!