Robsons 'Frae Carlisle

BSERIES PAUL:
Is there any one out there who can rember the ERF B series fleet in United glass colours. I own CJM 751V a ■■■■■■■ powered day cab. I have pics of 753 and 754 but can’t find anything of 751. This months revs magazine says it was once rolls Royce powered but the manufacturer plate says ■■■■■■■■ Any info would be appreciated

I could stand to be corrected but I think that CJM741V pre-dates the take-over of Robson’s by United Glass. UG had quite a number of B Series ERF’s and as far as I can recall the T and V plates had Rolls-Royce 265L engines and 9 speed Roadrangers. There were a couple of later ERF’s with Gardner 6LXCT 240s but the only UG ERF’s that I can recall with ■■■■■■■ engines were A Series and older.

Check the wheelbase: if it’s 9’ 6" then it is almost certainly a UG truck. UG had extended a lot of 33’ flats to 40’ and converted them to curtainsiders: these had shorter (30inch?) king pins than was normal with 40’ trailers and the shorter wheelbase was specified to keep them legal lengthwise.