What's Poland like to live and drive in?

wanderingstar:
Hi Patrick

That is all really interesting stuff - thanks! It’s the sort of insight you can only get from someone who has experienced it on the ground. Things really do sound like they are moving ahead there.

A factor I didn’t mention is my girlfriend currently lives in the Netherlands and has done for over 15 years - has a good job there and is completely fluent in Dutch. Initially I favoured Poland as a place to live but now I’m opening my mind to the Netherlands. I hate the language and the population density and bunched up housing isn’t ideally what I’m looking for. But they understand me in shops there better than they do here as they speak far better English than our immigrants generally do, and the place is clean and incredibly well equipped.

Cheers

Matthew

Hiya,

Well, if you need some sort of advice about the “cloggies”, feel free to ask, I’ve been living amongst them for quite some time now…
But seriously though, you might be better of living over here then in Poland, better NHS (does cost a serious amount of money though,own contribution that is), better wages…
Don’t know where your “missus” lives, but it can be a bit “crowded” like in the bigger villages, on the country side it’s basically the same as in the UK.

Language…shouldn’t be that difficult though, especially if you’re a Scouser, lot of words contain the sch form, or words with a “hard” g in it :wink:
And most people do speak English, although it’s more a yank version of it I reckon, they don’t seem to know the meaning of certain English words, although they do seem to know the yank version of that same word… odd indeed…

Majority of the people are nice, and willing to help, but they might be taking the ■■■■ if they find out you’re a foreigner :wink:

Cheers, Patrick