What's Poland like to live and drive in?

Hi W.I suppose it was a mixture of things,remember i’m going back to the early 70’s and onwards.It just seemed so bloody dismal there,the customs were rubbish and it was just not for me.It was not really any worse than anywhere else in the Eastern block or USSR,but as i had a lot of multi drop work over the years it just seemed worse to me.Perhaps not speaking the language added to the misery,yet the same problem in other countries didn’t seem to make a difference,you got by with hands and feet,and a smile.
We all have our favourite and non-favourite countries,i mean i personally love Turkey [even now]and i would go back to Afghanistan to live if it was like it was in the 70s.France was never a favourite ofmine even though i spoke reasonable French and my wife was Quebecois,but contrary to many guys i loved Iran.I suppose it all boils down to personal feelings,i mean who in their right mind would move from Holland 3000kms North,above the Arctic circle to voluntarily have 6 months of Winter down to -43c.And yet i am more than content here.