US vs Canadian truck drivers

Carryfast:
To be fair I’ve got to say that some of the food I’ve had in the States was brilliant.IE as much bacon as you can eat to start and then the same amount of Belgian type waffles and strawberries and cream,forget the maple syrup,and as much coffee as you can drink being a typical breakfast.Then there’s examples like snow crab or lobster and mayo rolls for lunch and surf and turf ( steak and lobster ) for dinner for example. :smiley:

All of which easily matches the best food available in Euroland.

Sure, you get some very good food here in the States, but if you run 3000+ miles in 5 days you can’t stop where you want, you drive your hours to the last minute. Unfortunately there’s only a crappy “Greasy Spoon” and no lobster available.

Had one of the best steaks of my life on the road, but that was like winning the lottery :wink:
Most of my trips have a tight schedule and there’s no time to take an extra hour or two to stop for really good meal.
It was easier in Europe, on my trips from Germany to Spain I always found a good restaurant in France or Spain in the middle of nowhere.
Parking was much easier, to find a good restaurant here with truck parking, not very often.