US vs Canadian truck drivers

Thanks for replying NMM

When asking about taxes OOs pay I wasn’t asking about your specific case, just wanted to find out rates in percentage terms OOs pay on their earning after all expenses are deducted, as that’s one of the advantages of being OO is that you should be paying lower taxes than employed driver, am I right?

“The key here is to not be a Prima Donna, take what you’re given and get on with it, if you don’t like the work you get, move on.”

The problem with this is that when you paint your truck in your company’s colours and then after a few months find out you don’t like what you are being given and how despatchers treat you, it’s probably quite costly to remove the company’s colours from your truck, I could be wrong here.

“Others that I know are on percentage, that is usually around 80% of the gross pulling their trailers, up to 90% pulling your own, but not all companies allow you to pull your own trailer”

That is a good deal I guess, from what I’ve read so far companies usually pay around 65% mark when pulling their trailers, or up to 75% when having your own trailer.

The next thing, meal allowance.

So there is no allowance for nights out, only 3 x $17 per day, as meal allowance, am I right?

If a company driver decides to stay in a hotel, can he also deduct it from his taxes, or is this option available to OOs only?

Considering how low temperatures can get winter time in Canada, when you leave your truck over night parked up, engine not running and come back the next day, is it very hard to restart it?

thanks