Atlas express

Hello there Atlas Man. Great name by the way for this topic!! Nottingham was the first depot to trial the wagon & drags. I remember all the photographers at the depot during the day taking pics of the new rig & then at strategic points down the motorway & a52 during its first Gold Band trip into Perivale. They were 1317’s & Notts wagon was A22 RNO. I never saw another one, but I’m sure there were more of them. I seem to remember they didn’t take off & this particular wagon went on to do Ipswich night trunk on its own without its drag.

As for reg numbers, I’ll have a go;-TAY866R KNR980V JJU138V KJU464V KAY18V PJU152W(a Leyland Super Mastiff from Cardiff depot)TAY534X TJF53X RJU415X TUT628X WUT784X WUT783X VAY927X A93MHK A94MHK A97 MHK A22RNO B205XVX. That what I can remember. A94 MHK got smashed up one night & had a brand new cab on it. It hit a barge on the motorway being transported on a low loader. The driver was called Fred Jones who was a fitter at Notts, but came out the garage to drive. A94 went on to be a driver training lorry in Leicestershire somewhere after United Carriers interfered with us! It was such a mint motor.