Any old promotor drivers around

I think it was around 1981 whilst working for Promotor that Welly Ward and myself were in the Londra. It snowed and the police wouldn’t let us out until we chained up. So after cancelling most of the day, thinking about it, the chains went on and next morning we were on our way. We got to the bottom of Bolu where we found another Brit stuck on the side of the road (no chains). He had been there a few days already and a local Turkish family had taken pitty on him and kept him supplied with hot food. We decided if we chained all 3 rigs together, one staying out in the road away from the worst of the snow we could get him moving again. This worked ok and after we uncoupled we told him to go in front incase he got stuck again. Luckily the road was clear further on. He thanked us profusely and said you won’t see me again. It seems he had taken his wife with him but she had been taken ill in Hungary and was in hospital in Budapest. He said he was on his way to Doha or thereabouts and would be going flat out as he was very worried and wanted to get back to her asap.
I have no idea who he worked for or indeed if he was an owner driver. I have seen some pics on here somewhere of similar trucks run by a company from East London. Anyone got any ideas!