US vs Canadian truck drivers

There’s not that much coast to coast stuff in Canada, Montreal and Toronto to Vancouver and vice versa is a pretty busy lane and it’s 3000miles each way give or take, so plenty far enough.

If I leave Sunday evening I can get to Vancouver Tuesday night, tip and reload Wednesday and be home by Friday afternoon without breaking a sweat, even in winter if Mother Nature behaves herself. That’s more than enough miles to earn a decent wage/rate and gives a nice balance between work and home, in my mind that’s the best “long haul” run of them all, although I prefer my turnpike runs to Alberta.

This week after being at home since Monday I left on Saturday, took two trailers to Calgary, delivered them both, then took them empty to Medicine Hat, split them and took one to Lethbridge, switched it for a preloaded trailer, went back to Medicine Hat, put it behind another preloaded one and started heading home, I got as far as Regina and then switched with another driver who had a truck issue and took his two trailers to Saskatoon, delivered those and then ran empty to Whitewood SK, split them and ran an empty to Yorkton SK where I switched it for a rejected empty, went back to Whitewood where I dropped that, picked up the other empty, went to Yorkton again and switched that for a preloaded one, back down to Whitewood, hooked it all together and went back to the yard. A nice productive week and I’ve made myself available to go out again on Sunday evening, so plenty of time off too.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk