Ancliff Tankers Manchester

Martin, I am SO sorry. Hadn’t realized you were Whirlinmirlin. Just had a Homer Simpson moment. Really good to hear from you. I must have only been a toddler when last we met but I definitely remember you. Bloody hell ! You’re right, my Dad did have a lovely baritone voice back in the day and, coincidentally, my Mum was also a blonde that worked in the chemist. She succumbed to leukemia some 15 year ago and it really took its toll on my Dad. He is getting by though and lives at the house his parents had on Sevenoaks Avenue. Was showing him this forum and he remembered the names and anecdotes as if it was yesterday. I will be posting some more of his Ancliff memoirs fairly soon. He would be bowled over backwards to hear from you. I can give you his number if you want, but understand if you’d rather not. I’m in my 50’s now so it must be a good 40 odd years since I last saw you. Wait till I tell him I’ve been in touch, he will be over the moon. Hope life has been kind to you Martin. Ant (Jnr).