Any old promotor drivers around

Here’s one for George Fardell. Get well soon George.
Photo shows Promotor drivers on a beach around 1981. On the left is Jeff Gardner in the middle is George (holding Jeff’s ■■■■■■■! don’t ask…) and on the right is A N Other. George was always a bit of an eccentric character with many stories doing the rounds in those days. One was that he was hopeless at reversing his truck and the story went that he drove down some steps at a factory in Yugo rather than reverse out. May have only been over a kerb but why let the facts spoil a good story. As it so happened I was once I driving down the concrete strip heading towards Belgrade when I spotted George coming towards me. A quick flash of lights in recognition and we both stopped partly blocking the road. I went over to him to say hello and to find out where he was going. He told me he was on his way to Sarajevo to pick up a load. But George I said you passed the turning to Sarajevo 40k’s back and George in his well educated voice said “yes I know old boy but I’m trying to find somewhere to turn this truck around”. So maybe there was substance in the steps story!
Hope they didn’t cut off your supply of coke whilst you were in hospital George.