TRUCKIN IN THE 80's (International)

Kate:

mushroomman:
Terry Smith gave me some of his old photos the last time that I saw him and he asked me if I could put a couple of them on here and hopefully somebody might recognise some of the people or the trucks in them.
This Volvo Globetrotter that Terry drove belonged to Peter Winterscheid from West Germany who I think got breathalised after coming off the Sally Line boat in Ramsgate and lost his licence. Peters C.B. call sign was Papa Whiskey and Terry did say that Peter was a great bloke to work for when he was sober. I remember that Terry worked for him for quite a while doing Manchester to Swiss every week but does anybody remember anything about this red D.A.F. belonging to B. Marshall or where this photo was taken ?.

Regards Steve.

The Blue Volvo with the yellow lower grille in the background looks like Nord Transports of Basel, Reg No BS4020. Driven by Ian ‘Cornish’ Gilbert from RH Stevens of Macclesfield. Not sure what the tie-in between Stevens and Nord was. Does anybody know where Cornish is now?

Hi there sorry I’m new do this but my dad (Peter brooks) also ran a Scania 111 just like that one running Swiss work in the 80’s early 90’s and I recognise the Volvo too,could anyone else cast any more info or pictures?
Thanks kris