US vs Canadian truck drivers

FTTM in my case I came here to Canada with the intention of trucking around and seeing the sights for the duration of my TWP and then going back to England, so my first couple of years out here were living my dream in the trucking sense.

Things changed after the first couple of years, along with my definition of living the dream, so yeah, you’re right in that respect, I’m still living the dream, it just doesn’t involve mega trips all over the place anymore.

I remember spending a weekend in the Flying J at Saskatoon n one of my first trips here, I had been up to Ft Nelson BC and was on my way to the US and short on hours, so I did a reset. There was a bunch of Brits off Kindersley and Edge hanging out there too and it was a good weekend, I stopped in there just now to curl one off before parking at my delivery point for the night and couldn’t get out of there quick enough, the drivers hanging out in the TV lounge looked like a bunch of vagrants and are the last people I’d want to spend time with. Nothing has changed, it’s still the same as it was 8yrs ago, but I’ve changed, so it doesn’t have the same vibe anymore.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk