US vs Canadian truck drivers

bullitt:

newmercman:
…there’s no living the dream anymore, it’s just a job now…

And THAT is an excellent quote!! Rikki should put that on a banner across the top of the expat page. Proper honesty there Mark! :wink:

Absolute bullcrap .“living the dream” refers to a lifestyle rather than a job . Expats that have been here a while , NMM Chris Arbon Robinhood and relative newcomers like Russ JP enjoy the opportunities and freedom far beyond anything on offer from Britain . I’m fairly certain we’re all hard grafters who’ve taken the chance and succeeded while some who expect something for nothing have failed , and bitched and moaned to every available ear about it . Nobody of sound mind could for one minute consider living in a truck as being "the dream " but if it’s a means to an end why not ?I have an English mate close by who came over in 04 and is constantly broke, but every time I sort out a well paying job for him he’ll find an excuse for not taking or applying for it , some guys just don’t want to work to better themselves .
I challenge any expat truckers settled in Canada to give good reason why they’re not “living the dream”(personal issues aside) , here or there >> it’s a no brainer . No need for any banners shirley :slight_smile: