Russia/middle east/other unusual destinations

Wheel Nut:

DEANB:

Wheel Nut:
There is one magazine article which I have been looking for since the mid 80’s.John Williams got involved in an aid convoy to Albania and regretted every minute of it, he was supposed to be team leader or road foreman teaching all these wanna be truckers and dogooders his trade, he later told me that no one listened to his experience and drove on through the night, crashed into houses and ditches and gave most of the donated aid to unscrupulous officials along the way. Can anyone remember it. I think George Ghinn got my copy when he was on Dentressangle.

Wheel Nut, cant say i remember seeing it but i have alot of magazines. Do you know if it was in truck magazine
and any idea of a rough year ■■

It could have been closer to 1990 than 1980 as I did a couple of jobs in Colin Johnsons Volvo that is in the story above. All I remember was there was a lot of misinformation and the regular drivers who had known JW were up in arms about it. I wish I could remember more, most of the blokes I worked with have done their last trip.

Not ringing any bells Wheel Nut but if i do have it i will post it when i come across it.