US vs Canadian truck drivers

I found that I get home more in Canada, I could probably earn more money by running south, even though the pikes are quite lucrative, but it’s not enough extra to justify the time away from home for me. Things have been a bit quiet lately, so the pikes have been thin in the ground and I’ve been running out to BC, I’m still leaving Sunday evening after a nice roast dinner and this week I’ve managed to get home late Thursday night, I haven’t been hanging about this week, but I’ve been running legal, as always and I’ve clocked up 3000miles, so a pretty good week all in all. I ran out light and came back heavy, but still managed 8.9mpg for the trip and because it’s not too hot up here at night, I haven’t had to idle to stop myself melting at night, unlike poor old Wire who has been in Laredo in 40 odd degrees heat burning diesel like it’s going out of fashion.

I don’t have a problem going to the US, destination wise it’s so much better, even though I love BC, it’s bloody hard work getting there in the winter and the caravan club try their best to make the summer a nightmare too with their 60kms through the bends or at the bottom of a hill and 120kms on the straights and passing lanes behavior and the BC runs are not my usual work. Running across the Prairies week in and week out is mind numbing and just pure evil in winter, I don’t enjoy a minute of it to be honest, I turn on the ignition and turn off my brain until I park the truck back in the yard at the end of a trip, there’s no living the dream anymore, it’s just a job now.

Sent from my SM-T805W using Tapatalk