US vs Canadian truck drivers

hkloss1:
Wouldn’t you prefer to get a local job in one of the western provinces, so drivers claim they got jobs that allow them to be home every night, and are being paid good hourly rates, which would be ideal for you and your family
Would you be at all allowed to move and live in another province providing you are not yet citizen?

Maybe so but those sorts of jobs don’t pay enough to be starting a life from scratch. Many of those who came from Britain and can afford to do a local hourly paid job in Winnipeg or Calgary came across with a huge amount from a UK house sale. I came here at 25 years old and am starting from scratch and cannot match what some of the older guys can financially. For me, I think I’m in the best place to get things going plus its where my wife is from and we’re settled here so going to Calgary for example to struggle like fark financially to pay for a house that costs $350,000 for what would be $120,000-150,000 in NB doesn’t appeal to me at all to be honest. But that’s just me.

I am able to live wherever I want in Canada, I’m not a citizen but I am a permanent resident and have been for several years. Applying for citizenship is next on the list for me. I’ve been eligible for a couple of years now but just haven’t gotten around to doing it.