US vs Canadian truck drivers

So, who do you guys think would benefit if cabotage restrictions between Canadian trucking companies and US trucking companies were lifted.
I’ve seen recently an article about Canadian drivers complaining about US taking Canadian loads and delivering them within Canada, and being sent by their companies from the US to do this particular job.
From what I’m seeing on YT it looks like US drivers are better paid per mile, and have more choice of getting the right loads as the US is a much larger country than Canada in terms of population, more densely populated, there would be more jobs that would allow the driver to plan his home time more efficiently, or am I wrong?

@rsjjp Are these good trucking jobs readily available, or are they difficult to find, especially now when the oil patch no longer employ as many drivers and doesn’t pay as well as it used to, due to the low oil prices and all the fires that engulfed Fort Mc Murray a few weeks ago, probably destroying a lot of infrastructure ( I could be wrong here)?