Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

robert1952:

Carryfast:

robert1952:
My point entirely! Not many fire trucks in 1970s Feltham, then - or I am missing a closet Yank in our midst with 4 cylinders? Robert :laughing:

Plenty of them in Feltham because that’s where we made them and they ran down the High street a few times as a chassis to the factory and on the way to/from Chobham and other testing sites and to the shippers when it was finished and 4 + a dozen = roaring 16 not buzzin dozen. :wink: :smiley:

I’ve just found a picture of my first encounter with a fire engine in Nottingham in 1957. I’m the little chap on the right. I’ve just googled the reg no. and discovered it has been preserved! I remember that day because we also climbed aboard a very ancient Leyland fire engine with a long bonnet and an escape ladder. Robert

Like the number plate 999 always remember when I was a nipper a chap used to come and watch the cricket on the green at Nomansland in Wiltshire with his new Vauxhall Viva sl and the plate on that was TEL 999 and the TEL bit was a Bournemouth plate. They reckon the cricket ground holds the record for the ball crossing the county boundry from Hampshire and Wiltshire as the road was the deviding line between the two counties, Buzzer.