Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

Speaking of tractors at full bore, not long after my arrival here in the colonies a friend and I were delivering drilling pipe in southern Illinois, we arrived the night before, parked up and had a wander into town for refreshments. We stumbled across some kind of fair, it turned out to be a tractor pull and what a night it was! It was strange being the only two people in the place not wearing dungarees and between my friend and I we could muster more teeth than the rest of the crowd together, but the locals were friendly enough, although we did make a point of staying clear of anybody with a banjo!

Anyway, those tractor pull chaps are extremely serious about their game and there was some very exotic machinery competing, quad engine set ups with superchargers spitting flames 30ft into the air, old two stroke Detroit from 6Vs up to buzzing dozens, big CAT and ■■■■■■■ retro fits, the sound will live with me forever, you could actually feel the noise.

As the plan for the night was to get inebriated, neither of us had a camera and this was before camera phones, so there are no pictures unfortunately, but what a night it was.

Sent from my SM-T805W using Tapatalk