Drivewyze.

Anyone else got this on their elogs ? It suddenly appeared as I drove south on the Canadian border. Just like that I am coasting along and the screen lights up with these…

I drove by the first as instructed because it wasn’t open anyway, later as I got to the Queensbury NY inspection area they had signs out and as I know NY is one of the states that has no ‘prepass’ system where as you approach signs say ‘enter unless given by pass signal’ not trusting this new feature I went in, I was not pulled in for a check but walked back to the DOT cop who was not checking any trucks at that point and asked advice, he told me “You should have just driven by, it is a new thing that has started this week”
I explained that there were no sensors on the approach and didn’t want to get chased down and given a fine. “If they come after you just open the app up” ( he showed me how to) “Then show the officer the bypass instructions”
We have been now told to obey all instructions given.
I like it :slight_smile:

drivewyze 3.jpg

I have that on my satellite (mines a Rand McNally) but its not turned on.

It’s going to be handy LOL

Rich Browne (Longwayround), called me this morning, he had driven by the scales on i95 in CT and got chased the old bill, he showed the cop his instructions to by pass and all the cop said was ‘Must have some bad communication’ and sent him on his way.

Pat Hasler:
Rich Browne (Longwayround), called me this morning, he had driven by the scales on i95 in CT and got chased the old bill, he showed the cop his instructions to by pass and all the cop said was ‘Must have some bad communication’ and sent him on his way.

I know a guy here who did the same in Maine and got chased. Same thing happened to him and they let him on his way after a bit of arguing and the like.

When I stopped at the Queensbury NY inspection area to ask about it that first day, although the cop explained that it was ok to bypass he also said NY was not set up for it. On Friday morning travelling north I noticed all the NY inspection areas were disconnected fro it and did not show up.

More confusion and ■■■■ to distract the driver eh Pat dammed if you do shot if you don’t :wink:

Yesterday at Clifton Park NY which is know as one of the toughest DOT spots, everyone else was being pulled in, the chase car on the exit ramp just ignored me driving by. Thursday o I-84 in CT I got the bypass signal at the coup north of Ruby road TA, somebody on the CB shouted “Where are you going Foodliner ?”
“I got the bypass”
Nothing else was said.

Hi Pat.
Did you not previously have a pre-pass transponder? We have them, you either get a green light, to by-pass or a red with a beeping noise to go into the coup. Nine times out of ten you will totally by-pass.
You can save a lot of time by staying out of the scale house for sure.
As you run at max weight when you are loaded you probably get pulled on to the static scale regularly.
The rolling scales can be a pain if you don’t hit them right, and no two are the same!
Pre-Pass is the way to go.

Paul.

We had Prepass transponders but they do not work at all inspection sites, there has to be a reader as you near a site. Our prepass only worked at a few sites in the north east. Talking to a NY DOT officer last week we discussed Drivewize, he told me that they should and actually do operate at all sites as I have witnessed, they do not need any sensors, the cops have an app on each DOT vehicle they can just switch it to bypass for all Drivewize vehicles to bypass, even the most remote Vermont inspection site will tell me to either follow signs or bypass.
We have had to hand all the prepass units in.