Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

newmercman:
I don’t know anything about this camion, other than a Scania Vabis sticker on a window and Kassbohrer in the credits, but I bet there’s a man here that does…

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Evening all,

Mark, you have me well beaten…Anorak is the man for these old Scania Vabis “oddities”…

The front is te same as the standard Kassboherer coach body from the late 50s, …Several appeared as sleeper coaches, with drawbar trailers “Spezialtransporte”, on Mercedes chassis. Some appeared as “chinese sixes”, but only as rigids.

That one would appear to be for one of our “cloggie” friends on the flowers…by gum that tractor was a" long un"…

Now if you had posted one of Martin of Nice “proper” Flower lorries, with their" Flanc Blancs"…I could have waxed poetic!..but a cloggie…with one of those Swedish lorries…sorry…well out of my comfort zone…

But my wifes Uncle ran those odd looking Scanias out of Aalst…and he rated them very highly indeed…

Me, I never classed myself as a Scania man…(untill my good lady ppointed out just how many Scania lorries we ran)…but none of ours were as …er…coachbuilt…as that Kassboherer…

Come on Anorak…give chapter and verse to the chassis!

I shall drown my shame with (copius) Bollinger tonight…(and the Dentist tommorrow)…ah chagrin…

Cheerio for now.