Prostate problems

Numbum:

bald bloke:

Numbum:
I am retired after 43 years on the road and I have just been diagnosed with prostate cancer. I have an appointment next week when I hope to be told what action is going to be taken.
It started with an urgent need to pee last September. I am not on any tablets but this has settled down now and I have just come back from Portugal with the car after an eight hour drive to the ferry when I only had to stop once for a pee.
Last night I was in bed from 11.00pm until 6.00am without getting up. A mate of mine has had water works trouble for twenty years and his psa count is twelve and he gets up several times every night and he has not got cancer. My psa count is only eight and I do have cancer.
If in any doubt a biopsy is the only way to be sure it is a bit embarrassing but not painful.
The doctor I saw at the end of September did some tests which I was told were all clear and it was only when I went to the doctors again in January and asked what had been tested for that I found out it was for kidney function. So make sure that they test for the psa count.

Sorry to hear that, I had an MRI and biopsy back in October time and was given the all clear but was told to have a psa test every 6 months which I did a month ago when I found out it had risen to 7.5 from 4.0 so it was recommended I go through it all again, the trouble is the results are due back just after I leave for a 3 weeks holiday so not sure what would happen if I need urgent treatment.

I had been told I had cancer and then had a bone and pelvic scan to see if it had wandered off anywhere else. I had a months holiday booked a couple of days after the last scan and I spoke to the consultants secretary about canceling my holiday. She looked into it and rang me back saying they do not see any reason to cancel my holiday so off I went.
I live in Bristol Bald Bloke and the most trouble I have had so far is getting too and from the new hospital at Southmead.

I’m Bristol too so fingers crossed for both of us I might even bump into you next week up the hospital.