Sat nav with dash cam [Merged]

Hi all,

Not long passed my class 2, and starting a new job next monday.

Looking for a sat nav with a dash cam built into it. I’ve seen a couple expensive ones, and cheaper ones.
Can anyone recommend any?

Thanks

Cheers
Shaiboyuk aka Paul

I’ve merged your two topics here because one of them wasn’t where the subject matter can be best discussed. :wink: dd.

I think they are not as good as it would seem,to catch EVERYTHING that goes on in the road ahead dash cams are fitted in the same position a rear view mirror in a car is,top centre of the windscreen…having a sat nav here wouldn’t not be much use!
My sat nav sits in the bottom right hand corner of the windscreen if you positioned a dash cam in the same place it would not pick up dozy Doris after she pulls out of a side street on your left in your path and you have no time to react,deeming the dash cam useless.

That’s just my thoughts of the combined sat nav/dash cam units.

Agreed with the poster above, I’ve a separate dash cam and sat nav in my DAF and I think this works better for me. Combined cost of both items was around £310 mark and if you don’t have enough power outlets (like mine) I also had to buy a power bank which adapts 1 power outlet in to 3 which is working fine. Ryan

Thanks for replies.

The problem I have is I won’t be in the same truck each day, so having to setup two devices each day is just a pain, hence why I thought an all in one would be better. Maybe not, I just dunno :confused:

What sat nav and dash cams you got?

Thanks

Cheers
Shaiboyuk aka Paul

Hi,

What you all think of this article:
http://dailystuffed.com/home/lorry-drivers-using-dashcams-taking-serious-risks

I was looking to get an all in one sat nav and dash cam, but been recommend to get separate units, but this is more on the windscreen…

Cheers
Shaiboyuk aka Paul

Hi chap, when I first started out I was swapping wagons daily and thus taking all my gear in / out but didn’t think it was to much hassle seeing as dash cam was getting good picture and sat nav was in ideal location. My dash cam is a NextBase 402G pro which I have no complaints about and had always done me well. Sat Nav I use just a normal Garmin smart drive didn’t bother with HGV specific sat nav as this does me fine asking as its used with common sense and a truckers atlas at times :slight_smile: hth. Ryan

As I’ve just read that article you have linked I’d like to add I think it’s complete tosh well on my part anyway as sat nav sits down out of the way in r/h corner and dash cam is central down low between curve of dashboard and windscreen neither item effects my view of road or mirrors :slight_smile: Ryan

Is this what your looking for

www.satnavcompany.com/mio-combo-5107lm- … ravan.html

halfords.com/technology/sat- … nd-traffic

prat nav & smash cam just saying :grimacing:

I like the look of the new Dezlcam from Garmin. Anyone got any experience of how good their truck routing is. The Tom-tom truck routing, while not perfect, is pretty ■■■■ good and wouldn’t want to sacrifice that for the sake of having 2 units in 1.