Full-sized sleeper LV-cabbed ERFs

ERF:

robert1952:
When the A-series 4x2 tractive unit came out in the early ‘70s, it received a facelifted LV cab, the 7LV. There were even a few full-sized sleepers on A-series chassis, like these (top two by Bubbleman):

Of course only the bottom one of these two is an ‘A Series’ chassis with a 7LV cab, the top one is fitted with an 8LV cab, and is most definitely not an ‘A Series’ chassis.

What is interesting is the white painted 6x4 wrecker with double bumpers on the previous page. It’s a 7LV cab, and from research we have done before on this vehicle I know it’s a genuine 6x4 ‘A Series’ tractor, one of just a tiny handful to be built. The double chrome bumpers were fitted after build, but the sleeper cab was original.

Hello ‘ERF’! Sorry, yes I’ve just looked and that first one on page 1 has, as you say, the set back 8LV cab :blush: . Your comments on the 6x4 wrecker are most interesting as I didn’t know that any 6x4 A-series tractors were built :open_mouth: . Here’s a picture of another one: I rather assume that this one is a showground conversion job. Cheers, Robert :slight_smile:

ERF A series 6x4.JPG