Areas to find work in Normandy

What Ive written is just my personal take on things. What Ive picked up on the road talking to UK drivers working France, and talking to native French drivers in the Routiers in the evenings. For more detailed info on working/residing in France check out other ex-pat sites such as “FrenchEntree”, books such as “Live And Work In France”. (15quid on Amazon)(no Im not on commission). Do your research carefully to avoid expensive surprises! Note that in France unemployment rate is currently just over 10%. Approx double that of the UK (source: eurostat). So employers are unlikely to look for foreigners with no track record of employment, residency, etc etc, as they have a choice from local labour. That doesnt mean it wont happen, but be aware that it aint easy getting a job here. But if you do the conditions may be more secure than in the UK. I would guess youd need to get an address in France to stand any chance of finding a local employer. As I suggested maybe get on for a UK firm that will base you in France first? And to make sure youre suited, try renting a place first?? It may save or lot of problems doing it that way, or you may wanna take a more gung-ho, both feet first, attitude. Go in with both eyes open and it can work out well. Good luck.