Areas to find work in Normandy

Lots of points to address here, so please be patient with my slow typing skills. You seem to be asking several questions at once, and Ill try to give some input on them, but am not pretending to be an expert. Property: in France property is not summat to be bought & sold. Its where you live. (except investment properties bought to rent out as pension scheme) Property prices arent on an escalator as in the UK, and due to taxes, legal fees, etc, any profits are soon eroded. Renting is more common, and cheaper than in UK, with longer and more secure, tenancy agreements. As you say country areas are cheaper to buy, because of higher unemployment. Although areas nearer cities commuter belts price rise. Some city workers live in small apartments during the week and live further off at weekends. (once a week commute not daily). Work. A UK LGV and CPC are valid for work n Fr. (remembering about residence/address regs). Distance drivers in Fr are on similar salaries to UK drivers. BUT: in FR wages are paid gross direct to employee, who then is responsible for paying own tax at years end. (no PAYE). Fr employees cost more to Fr companies because of their high contributions to Nat Ins etc. There isnt a great shortage of shortage of LGV drivers, but as in the UK, the guys on the road are an aging population, it seems.
Some Fr companies are now using Eu drivers from the ex-east bloc, and keeping pay down, but due to stronger trade unions here its not very widespread. Some UK companies employ drivers with drivers based in Fr. Ive answered a few of your points, maybe, but youll see that Ive also raised some more questions for you to research ! Anyway I`m off out for a bit but will be back on line again later if I can help further.